Material Handling Technician, Maintenance MechanicApply Online
Smead Manufacturing (Cedar City) is looking for an eager candidate to fill the role of MHE / Maintenance Mechanic. Primary responsibilities include material handling equipment repairs and general preventative maintenance on various machines. This position reports to the Maintenance Facilitator. Additional duties include maintenance utility functions throughout the plant as directed. Position leads by example in all aspects of the job, with strong technical skills, a positive attitude and a good work ethic.
- Material handling equipment and company vehicle repair and maintenance.
- General preventative maintenance on various machines such as: forklifts, yellow electric car, walkies, pallet jacks, shrink wrapper, overhead doors, overhead crane, dock leveler, crown stand ups, battery charger, and other support equipment as needed.
- Facility and grounds maintenance support to include, but not limited to, lighting and general building maintenance needs.
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude. Working knowledge of production equipment and machinery.
- General understanding of maintenance requirements and preventative maintenance procedures on material handling equipment.
- Ability to assess and trouble-shoot various situations and recommend corrective actions.
- Must have current and valid Utah driver license.
- Good communication skills are a must
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, make sound judgments, capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Requires a minimum 3 years of general industrial maintenance experience.
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
|Location:||Cedar City, UT|