PC SpecialistApply Online
Smead Manufacturing is a leader in office filing products and records management systems. We are a privately held, women-owned business well-known for integrity, high quality, environmentally responsible products and innovative organizational systems. We are located in Hastings, MN.
Smead Manufacturing is seeking a PC Specialist to join our IS Technical Architecture team! We are always looking for motivated, energetic people who want to learn and grow with our business.
The PC Specialist supports workplace endpoint technology including desktops, laptops, thin clients and virtual desktops. Support includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all devices and equipment to ensure optimal performance. The PC Specialist also provides end user support on the resolution of help desk tickets related to developed applications used in the client and virtualized environments. The duties require analyzing and troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Provide end-user support on the resolution of help desk tickets. Resolve and close tickets in a timely manner according to service level agreements.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve all desktop hardware and software related issues and user access and permission problems.
- Perform system installations, software/security updates and maintenance, restaging and configuration on client platforms and system administration duties pertaining to client platforms.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance and testing of workplace endpoint technology to ensure proper operation.
- Set up, install and repair desktop, laptops, computers, computer peripherals, mobile devices, virtual desktops and printers.
- Provide written documentation of hardware installation, configuration problems/errors, incidents, and remedies.
- Maintain and improve technical knowledge to assist end users…
- Provide management with weekly status reports.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of experience providing desktop/laptop/application packaging deployments using Imaging software (SCCM).
- 2-3 years of experience providing desktop upgrades and repairs.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Active Directory, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members in a courteous and helpful manner.
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.