[VIDEO] 4th of July Party Planning Tips
Independence Day is quickly approaching and it's time to start planning your celebration! You want to have a party that is as effortless as it is entertaining...and here's how!
All that is needed for a fantastic 4th are three key ingredients:
The best way to ensure that your Independence Day party is a success is to plan out the details ahead of time so stress is minimized and you can enjoy the festivities along with your guests. Assign jobs to other people and they will be happy to help out so that you can enjoy the day as much as the rest of your family will!
Write down your thoughts, ideas and items to purchase. Some people create a timeline and write down what needs to be done when. Others make a master list of all items to be purchased.
It doesn't take much to transform your backyard into a patriotic party zone, but the key is to do as much as you can in advance. Here are some steps to prepare the backyard for your party:
• Tidy up the yard and patrol the grounds for any "pet presents" on the lawn.
• Straighten up the house (especially the kitchen and bathrooms).
• Inspect the grill to make sure it works
• Set up any 4th of July decorations you want, such as tiki torches, twinkle lights, American flags and patriotic streamers.
Whether you choose well-organized games and contests or simply let folks relax, having a few activities around can help keep the party flowing.
Here are a few ideas:
• Outside games such as horseshoes, badminton, volleyball and croquet.
• Patriotic games such as American history trivia, famous Americans charades or state word scramble.
• Kids love water games such as water balloons, squirt guns or running through the lawn sprinkler
• With adult supervision, have some fireworks fun with sparklers, firecrackers and fountains.
It doesn’t have to be a lot of work to throw a 4th of July party. Staying organized can keep stress levels under control and result in a party that even Uncle Sam would be proud to attend.
Watch on Smead YouTube Channel: 4th of July Party Planning Tips