The Smead Organomics™ Shopping Spree Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the United States. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry.
1. Eligibility: Entrant must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, who is eighteen (18) or older as of October 31st, 2009. Employees of The Smead Manufacturing Company, Inc. (Smead), its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings) are not eligible to enter. Void outside the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, and where local law prohibit your participation or our offering of this Sweepstakes or where otherwise restricted by law. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
2. Start/End Dates: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on Friday, October 9, 2009 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on Monday, November 30, 2009.
3. How to Enter: No purchase is necessary. Visit www.smead.com/cluborganomics and sign up for an account. Once you have an account you can be entered in the drawing up to three times through the following methods:
- Post an entry to the Club Organomics forums http://smead.com/forums/ or
- Become a fan of Smead Organomics on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/SmeadOrganomics#/pages/SmeadOrganomics/163797757024 or
- Follow Smead Organomics on Twitter http://twitter.com/smeadorganomics or
Each of the above actions will get you 1 entry (with a maximum of three entries per person).
You may alternatively enter the Sweepstakes by mail as follows:
Submit a written entry on a 3x5 inch card by post with your name address and phone number and email address since we notify winner only by email, to Smead as 600 Smead Blvd., Hastings, MN 55033 attention : Organomics Sweepstakes. Written entries must carry a legible post mark of November 30, 2009 and be received by Smead by December 6, 2009. Only one written entry per envelope. Maximum three entries per person. Illegible and non-conforming entries will not be considered.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Smead is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
4. Drawing: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the end of Tuesday, December 15, 2009, by Smead, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail on or after, December 16, 2009. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, verify their compliance in writing, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
5. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded:
- Prize One: $100 Smead Product Shopping Spree credit for purchase
- Prize Two: $100 Smead Product Shopping Spree credit for purchase
- Prize Three: $100 Smead Product Shopping Spree credit for purchase
- Prize Four: $100 Smead Product Shopping Spree credit for purchase
- Prize Five: $100 Smead Product Shopping Spree credit for purchase
Approximate list value of each prize is $100.
Total Approximate List Value of All Prizes combined: $500. List value is not the same as retail value. Retail value is less. Smead makes no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes are not redeemable by winner for cash value but only in Smead products delivered by Smead at its current list prices from its published catalog. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
The list value amount is a credit for purchase of items from the current Smead product catalog at current list pricing as determined by Smead. A copy of the current list pricing may be obtained by sending a self addressed post paid return envelope to Smead Sweepstakes List Pricing at 600 Smead Blvd., Hastings, MN 55033. Such request must be received by December 1, 2009.
Notification of winners: If you are a winner, Smead will notify you by the email address you supplied when entering to confirm your proper eligibility under the rules to receive a prize. If you did not supply a valid or legible email address, your entry with be stricken. Smead is not responsible for non-delivery of email. You should make sure that messages from Smead.com are not blocked. If you do not reply by email with answers to our verification of eligibility questions email within 5 calendar days, a replacement winner will be selected until all prizes have been awarded. After the 5 days, if we have not received your email response, even if you have sent it, but for any reason we did not receive it, you will have permanently lost your right to the prize.
6. Eligibility/Release: If the winner rejects his/her prize or if a purported winner is found to not be in compliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per household. In the event of an error in printing or posting these rules or our accidental notification of more winners than prizes, prizes will be awarded by a random drawing conducted by Smead to allocate the available prizes. The number of prizes will not be increased despite our error.
7. Conditions: Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s name, email address, picture, likeness, and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Smead, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Smead is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
A winners list is available from Smead for one month following the end of this Sweepstakes. Please send a stamped self address envelope to the following address to receive a copy of the list: Smead Organomics Sweepstakes winners, 600 Smead Blvd., Hastings, MN 55033, received by Smead by December 31, 2009.
8. Miscellaneous: Smead reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Smead assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Smead is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Smead on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Smead may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Smead representatives. Smead’s decision on all issues is final.
Sponsors name and address: The Smead Manufacturing Company, 600 Smead Blvd., Hastings, MN 55033.