Human Resource ManagerApply Online
Smead Manufacturing is looking for a skilled HR Manager to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes.
This position is located in Logan, Ohio.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of all Human Resources functions such as employment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, workers compensation, and general employee services. The HR Manager provides input and implements strategic planning and organizational change efforts. He/she provides direction, interpretation, and implementation of policies, procedures and various training programs.
Duties and Responsiblities:
- Manages development and interpretation of Branch policies and procedures. Provides Supervisory Staff with performance management guidance – coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions. Remains abreast of state and federal regulations that impact the Logan workforce and develop/implement processes or programs to ensure compliance.
- Administers safety and health programs. Facilitates safety meetings, training, and awareness programs. Oversees drug-testing and personal protective equipment programs. Minimizes problems and issues by promoting a safe working environment.
- Manages Workers Compensation program with TPA. Administers employee services such as EAP, service awards and social events. Oversees all responsibilities assigned to the Payroll and Benefit Associates.
- Responsible for Recruitment and On-boarding of new employees; advertising, performs reference checks, extends job offer, facilitates new employee orientation program, and follows up with new hire for an established period of time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or Business Administration.
- More than 5 years’ experience in Human Resources; preferably in Manufacturing
Other Training Desirable For This Position:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR or SPHR) Psychology
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
- Problem Solving
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Employment Law
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.