CREATE A MASTER LIST OF ALL TO-DO ITEMS.
- Make a single master list that you use to capture all of your tasks, large and small.
- Include large projects, small tasks, urgent “must-do now” items as well as the “should-dos” that will help you achieve your long-term goals.
- Having all of your to-dos on one master list ensures that nothing gets forgotten. No matter how a task originates, make sure it gets added to your master list.
MAKE SEPARATE DETAILED LISTS BY CATEGORY.
- Subdivide your master list into different categories of To-Do items, such as shopping, chores, kids’ activities, projects, etc.
- Make a separate list for each category. Add all of the detail items that pertain to each category on these lists. Subdivide the details into groups. On a shopping list, include each item you plan to buy, categorized by store. On a kids’ activity list, break it down by child, then by activity. Then include the details such as times, locations, what to bring, etc. for each activity.
KEEP LISTS HANDY.
- Gather the paperwork associated with the items on your category lists.
- Use a Poly Routing Envelope for each category list. Place the list in the outer sleeve so it’s visible through the clear window.
- Put all of the support material (coupons, announcements, forms, schedules, etc) inside the envelope. Each envelope will hold up to 1-1/4 inches of material. The flap with string-tie closure protects the material inside.
- Keep the envelopes in a handy location so you can “grab and go” at a moment’s notice.
Components of this Organomics Idea include:
- Poly Routing Envelope