BREAK IT DOWN.
- Separate budgets into categories to make estimating easier.
- Make realistic predictions of required resources for each category.
- Create spreadsheets to capture budget details.
SUMMARIZE AND EVALUATE.
- Organize budget details so they can be summarized by category and time period.
- Analyze the figures and make adjustments where needed.
- Use a Colored Pressboard Fastener Folder to organize the budget. Use different colors to distinguish budgets for different projects or time periods.
- Print out summary and category detail reports. Fasten summaries on the left panel.
- Add a Manila Folder Divider with Fastener to the right panel for each category. Fasten category detail reports and supporting documents to its divider.
- Use a Viewables label to clearly identify the budget file. Keep in a file drawer.
MONITOR AND COMPARE.
- Review the budget regularly to compare actual figures with your budget predictions.
- Print periodic summary reports. Fasten them to the left panel in sequence.
- Make adjustments if actual figures vary from budget expectations. Submit for approval if needed.
Components of this Organomics Idea include:
- Colored Pressboard Fastener Folders
- Manila Folder Dividers with Fastener
- Viewables® Color Labeling System
Learn more about these Organomics ideas:
Budget record basics – finding the right balance
Better organization with Fasteners and Dividers
Viewables® labeling for better identification