- Gather all of your insurance information. You may have policies for auto, life, disability, health, property, recreational vehicles, liability, flood, etc.
- Review your coverage for each policy to make sure you have adequate protection. Contact your insurance company if you need to revise the policy, or if you need additional insurance coverage.
- Examine premiums to see if you are getting a good value. Compare with other insurance carriers. Grouping policies with one carrier can often reduce premium rates.
PUT IN ORDER.
- Separate the documents by insurance policy.
- Use a FasTab Hanging Pocket for each insurance policy. Write the name of the policy on the built-in tab.
- Sort the information for each policy. Use Interior Folders to separate declarations, policy, premium statements, claims and correspondence.
- Use the same color folder for similar documents in different policies, such as all declarations pages use blue, all claims documents use green. Write the names of the document types on the folder tabs.
- Keep all of your insurance files together in one file drawer.
- Make a summary document that lists all policies with insurance company contact information and policy numbers. Keep this document in an emergency file in a separate location.
Components of this Organomics Idea include:
- FasTab™ Hanging Pockets
- Colored Interior Folders
Learn more about these Organomics ideas:
Using color to organize
Emergency Files, protecting your critical information