BREAK IT DOWN.
- Separate budgets into categories to make estimating easier.
- Make realistic predictions of required resources for each category.
- Create spreadsheets to capture budget details. Use the calculating functions for accuracy and to make it easier to adjust the budget.
SUMMARIZE AND EVALUATE.
- Organize budget details so they can be summarized by category and time period.
- Analyze the results of your predictions. Make adjustments where needed.
- Print out summary reports and category detail reports. Use a Manila Report Folder to organize ledger size reports. The fasteners keep the reports in the proper order.
- Fasten letter size reports and supporting documents to the right panel of the folder.
- Use a Viewables label to clearly identify the budget file. Keep in a file drawer.
MONITOR AND COMPARE.
- Review the budget regularly to compare actual figures with your budget predictions.
- Print periodic summary reports. File in sequence in the report folder.
- Make adjustments if actual figures vary from budget expectations. Submit for approval if needed.
Components of this Organomics Idea include:
- Manila Report Folders
- Viewables® Color Labeling System
Learn more about these Organomics ideas:
Budget record basics – finding the right balance
Find it faster using Straight-Line-Filing
Better organization with Fasteners and Dividers
Viewables® labeling for better identification