- Review your bound reference material to decide what you really want to keep.
- Throw out anything that’s easily accessible on your computer or on the Internet.
- Keep collectable publications such as comic books, annuals or special interest magazines.
- Use a File-Bar Catalog Hanger to keep each item neatly vertical in a file drawer.
- Label the File-Bar Catalog Hangers with Viewables labels for clear identification.
- Export the file names from Viewables into a spreadsheet application.
- Add columns for keyword cross-referencing and for assigning purge dates.
- Use the search function to locate file headings using keywords or other cross-reference data.
- Add periodicals as new issues arrive. Substitute new catalogs or directories for old ones.
- Purge archives periodically. Remove all outdated or expired information.
- Sort the spreadsheet by purge dates to locate records to remove from the system.
Components of this Organomics Idea include:
- File-Bar™ Catalog Hangers
- Viewables® Color Labeling System
Learn more about these Organomics ideas:
Long-term storage; what to keep, what to toss
Find it faster using Straight-Line-Filing
Viewables® labeling for better identification