SMEAD UNVEILS SMEADSOFT RECORDS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM TO MEET THE UNIQUE JURISDICTIONAL NEEDS OF CLERKS AND REGISTRARS
Highly Visible Public Offices Now Have One System to Relieve the Workload of Managing a Massive Number of Paper and Electronic Files
HASTINGS, Minn.—Feb. 25, 2008—Smead Manufacturing Company (http://www.smead.com), the world leader in organizing and simplifying the lifecycle management of records in any form, today announced the release of SmeadSoft Records Management System (RMS) for Clerks and Registrars. This solution is Smead's latest addition to a suite of products—including paper filing systems, labeling systems, and corresponding software solutions—designed specifically to service the government marketplace.
Capturing, managing, tracking, serving and protecting public records is a critical responsibility for all government agencies. The sheer volume and mix of both electronic files and paper documents makes it a particularly difficult task. Unlike other software systems, Smead ties software, services and corresponding filing systems together, delivering unparalleled ease of use and organizational clarity. The SmeadSoft Records Management System for Clerks and Registrars was specifically designed to manage all types of records concurrently and with the needs of public agencies in mind.
"Clerks and registrars manage one of the most constituent-visible and records-intensive departments in local government, and these departments are struggling to keep up," said Smead Chief Operating Officer Bob Karrick. "Based on years of experience working with clerks and registrars, we were able to develop a simple yet powerful system to manage even the most records-intensive cities' and counties' offices."
The SmeadSoft Records Management System for Clerks and Registrars streamlines offices with a wide range of support for the City Clerk's Office including:
- Civil Records Management: Births, Deaths, Marriage, Pets, Driving, Vehicles, etc.
- Commercial and Professional Records Management: Licensing for Lawyers, Doctors, Pharmacy, Teachers, Daycares, Nursing Homes, Hospitals, Gas Pumps, etc.
- Service Permits and Records: Fish and Game, Firearms, Burning Permits, Building/Construction, Land-use, Zoning, Permission (Elevators, Escalators), Contracts, Utilities (Such as Gas, Water, Electric) Agreements, Proposals etc.
- The City Clerk's Office: Designed to Support the City Manager's Office; Administrative Services; Public Safety; Community Development; Community Services; Redevelopment; Parks and Recreation; and Public Works.
This new system also provides agencies support for tracking ongoing meeting notes providing clear accountability from the first instance a topic is raised until it becomes a matter of public record.
Government-focused Software Solutions from Smead
With its rich history of working with nearly 40,000 government users, Smead understands the unique needs of government agencies. SmeadSoft offers the only unified records management system designed to help organize and simplify the lifecycle management of a record in any form—be it a paper birth certificate, an entire court case file or a physical piece of crime evidence. Smead offers a series of government department-specific applications including:
- SmeadSoft Records Management Systems for Government
- SmeadSoft Records Management System for Case File Management
- SmeadSoft Records Management System for Property and Evidence
- SmeadSoft Property and Evidence Room, Paper-tracking System
- SmeadSoft Records Management System for Clerks and Registrars
- ColorBar Color-labeling Solutions
SmeadSoft is the software division of Smead Manufacturing Company, a world leader in office filing products and records management systems. Delivering the brand promise of Smead to users who want a software solution to meet their organizational needs, SmeadSoft offers government, commercial and consumer applications that tie software, services, and corresponding paper products together to deliver unparalleled ease of use and organizational clarity. For more information, go to http://www.smeadsoft.com.
About Smead Manufacturing Company
Smead is a worldwide leader in office filing products and records management systems. For more than 100 years, Smead has brought a spirit of innovation and integrity to keeping businesses and home offices organized. Headquartered in Hastings, Minn., Smead is a privately held, woman-owned business, offering thousands of organizational products with more than 2,600 employees in 14 manufacturing plants located across North America and Europe.